Java Free
Newsflash... this just in... the Future Wolverine absolutely hates coffee!
I had known throughout the pregnancy that my coffee tolerance wasn't very high. Not that I drink a lot of coffee, but I did like the occasional Starbuck's iced peppermint mocha. After the first trimester, the only thing I could stand were Caribou coolers (much tastier versions of a frappacino), but even those fell by the way side about a month ago. Then yesterday morning, after waking up feeling like the walking dead, I decided to make myself a mocha using 1/3 a cup of leftover coffee, a cup of milk, and plenty of chocolate syrup. Kiddo would have none of it- I was sick all morning! At one point, I found myself absolutely giddy to learn that a small conference room at work had a lock on its door, thus enabling me to spend a half hour lying down (I was working on a report while doing so- aren't I dedicated?).
Apparently the kid has inherited his/her maternal grandfather's genes (he's the only one in the family that won't touch coffee). And I guess my love affair with iced peppermint mochas will have to wait another month or so to resume. Oh well, I don't think Starbuck's or Caribou is hurting for the business!

2 Comments:
How unfortunate! I will be a good friend and pick up your slack in the coffee drinking department. Don't worry though, the baby has many years to develop a dependency on caffeine...
Ok Amy ... we really need more belly pictures! I mean, I'm bummed about the coffee too, but still!
I'm glad that Kelly is rockin' and drinking coffee for you, because I'm cutting down so my teeth don't look so tarnished for the wedding. Thanks for helping out, Kelly!
Post a Comment
<< Home